December 31, 2008

2008

2008. I would do the typical "Best of 2008" blogs but it's hard enough to even remember what I did yesterday. So I will just touch on the best highlight of my year, and probably one of the best days of my life. August 11. Rock the Bells was one of the illest events I've ever experienced. Ghost & Rae were dope, Pharcyde was dope, fuck it, to be honest everyone on the line up was dope as fuck. But hands down the highlight of that event was being able to see A Tribe Called Quest with none other than the 2 guys that introduced me to real hip hop, Jed and Carlo. The only person missing was their sister. A Tribe Called Quest was one of the first groups they introduced me to, and to this day they are still one of my favorites. Listening to Tribe always reminds me of all the car rides home with their sister way back starting in Junior High. Nicole ALWAYS had ill shit bumping in her car. I would constantly be asking, "Who is this?" To make it plain and simple, I considered here car to a hip hop heaven. I looked forward to riding home with them just so I can hear some dope, new music that their sister would play. I pretty much asked to borrow a cd almost everyday. But because of those rides home, I've been hooked like a crack addict up to this day. Being able to experience this with Jed and Carlo really marks, by far, one of the best days of my life. Some may think that is wierd but anyone who has a real love for music will know what kind of feeling something like that gives to you. And that feeling is so damn good. So as 2008 comes to an end, I'd like to thank Jed, Carlo, and Nicole Castaneda (as if i haven't thanked them enough) for introducing me to good music. If it weren't for you guys I'd be listening to T-Pain and Soulja guy and my life would just be dull.

2009. It's a new beginning. Done with all the bullshit. ALL WORK and still ALL PLAY, but 2009 is my time to grind. It's time to bring da ruckus.

Last but not atleast, how can I forget the 4th leg of the MILITIA. My brother, my nigga, BRYAN PRUDENCIO. HAPPY MOTHERFUCKIN BIRTHDAY HOMIE!!!! You probably won't see this til' you get back from Mammoth, but you know I love you dawg, till the day I die. Come back safe homie, I got somethin ill waiting for you.


PEACE to 2008!